9.3.10

Recessories: Leather and [shoe]lace

It’s really hard for me to let go of certain pieces that I consider wardrobe staples. Exhibit A: my black wingtips. I bought these at a vintage store in LA many moons ago and it shows. Inspired by Heath Ledger’s beat up Oxfords as the Joker, I wanted to salvage them and maintain the disheveled-chic look. I had them re-soled and purchased a yard of red leather cord from M&J Trimming to replace the LA-filth-contaminated laces. Annnnnnd here are the results:





For an extra recession recessory, you can also use these:

They work the same and you can eat them if you don't have money to buy breakfast or small fries from the dollar menu at McDonald's.

Inspiration: Heath Ledger in "The Dark Knight," Junya Watanabe for Vans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails