27.4.10

Style Watch: Rat Fur

Nutria (aka GIANT RAT) fur is so the future. I will never forget my first nutria sighting when I was living in Florence. The little bugger was walking underneath the Ponte Vecchio along the filthy arno when my eyes caught its attention. I almost shrieked in disgust, until now. Gilles Mendel and Alabama-based Billy Reid are using it in their Fall/Winter '10 collections. Get ready, Louisiana, we're coming for your roadkill.



Watch out, Master Splinter, we're coming for your children.

2 comments:

  1. Giant rats? In Florence? You've shattered my romantic visions of the city!

    I hate rats so goddamn much it's probably the only animal I would condone making a hat out of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i know! i lived there for a year and they're everywhere near the arno. they love swampy surroundings. so gross

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails